Holy Adventure Outdoor Ministry provides unique outdoor retreat opportunities to encounter Jesus Christ, his Good News, and His importance in our lives while immersed in the beauty and simplicity of God’s creation.
Programs offer an introduction to a wide variety of bushcraft and survival skills. For example,
- Can you make a fire without matches?
- Use a knife, saw, and hatchet?
- Find your way in the wilderness using map and compass?
- Build a warm shelter with no tools?
- Cook over an open fire?
- Find and harvest wild food?
- Find water and make it safe to drink?
Learn these skills and more in various day and overnight adventures led by Holy Adventure.
You’ll hike, camp, rest, pray and learn while listening for the whispering voice of God in your life. Holy Adventure day-long and weekend retreats:
- Take place in an outdoor/wilderness setting
- Practice basic outdoor and survival skills to live safely in the outdoors
- Experience the presence of God in the natural world
- Revitalize our sense of the Catholic sacramental tradition as an encounter with God
- Develop a stronger sense of fellowship and teamwork in your group
- Reflect upon our relationship with God
- Experience the need to build mutual trusting relationships
- Explore and reflect upon Scripture
- Experience the practical way that Jesus used wilderness settings to teach about the Kingdom of God
- Challenge to grow deeper in faith
- Encourage personal time to explore the beauty of God’s creation
- Instill the need for good stewardship of the environment.
The retreats and workshops are designed according to the needs of your group. See some possible retreat and workshop themes that can be customized to meet your needs.